Type of Order members' IC residence

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What type of housing should our members live in? (see first post for detailled info)

16% 16% 
[ 3 ]
32% 32% 
[ 6 ]
37% 37% 
[ 7 ]
15% 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

Type of Order members' IC residence

Post by Eläinrata on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Please read this explanation.

So for those of you who don't know yet: the headquarters are surrounded by an open area, and then twelve building surround it, on equal distances from each other, a bit like the hours of a clock. These buildings are to sustain living for the members of the Order of Eläinrata, who obviously can't commute back and forth from their kingdoms or even other universes or whatever.

The question above is to decide what type of rooms or private spaces the members should have. The options are the following:

1. Barracks: kind of like boot camp barracks; larger sleeping rooms with multiple bunk beds to sustain groups in one room, with cantines where people eat together and shared shower/bath rooms for a floor.
  2. Dormitories: kind of like university dormitories; rooms for usually one to three persons, with a small kitchen and a shared bath room/toilet with roommates.
  3. Hotel rooms: rooms with a single or double bed, or twin beds, depending on your preference, with your own bath room and toilet, but no kitchen — eating goes in a sort of restaurant.
  4. Apartments: your own small little house, with one or two bed rooms and a separate small living room, kitchen and bath room/toilet; however small enough so you'd still hang out in shared living rooms etc.

Feel free to explain why you chose what you chose below, as well as to specify if you think that for instance the leaders of the Houses or senior (long-trained members) should be allowed a different kind of housing. Options above may not allow for enough nuance.

That the best option may win!
Eläinrata
Admin

View user profile http://elainrata.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Type of Order members' IC residence

Post by Hisao on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:47 pm

I have posted for both the dormitories and apartments idea, simply because I like both roughly equally. I don't think our members should stay in large rooms (with a lot of people), because I know I'd personally like to have privacy if I'd be staying in the Order for a long while, though I think it could infact be alright to have one big sleeping room for the very new recruits or the ones who aren't yet initiated (because a lot of them will still end up quitting anyway).

Dormitories outweighs hotel rooms in my opinion because despite being more comfortable, hotel rooms can't hold their residents very long since they don't allow to hold any food, whereas even a small fridge and a kitchen with one or two cooking plates can help there.

An apartment, to me, seems most comfortable to live in, especially on a long term and with the possibility of people getting into relationships (you know this may happen), though my doubt for that one is: will we be able to sustain that? Apartments take a lot of place, so it could also be an idea to limit those only for the leaders of the Houses and/or other senior members, and change the setup of the dormitories so that those can sustain couples or small families too.
Hisao

Leo Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruut on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:02 am

I like the idea of hotel style. Seperate sleeping quarters, but shared dining areas. that's like the Dorms here in Aus. In Aus you're lucky if your dorm has a microwave. So, yeah, shared eating sounds cool. But perhaps the rooms could be university style? Two per room?
Bruut

Aries Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiya on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:04 am

I like the Dorm idea. It gives characters a chance to interact more and establish bonds.
Seiya

Aries Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantation on Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:58 am

Personally I prefer the hotel room idea, because that way you both have a space where you can interact as well as having a place where your character can be their own private person. Being in the same room with people all the time can have a negative impact on relationships, or for more introverted personalities it may be extraordinarily tiresome to be around other people. Furthermore, there is the question of sleeping. Perhaps there are snorers or people who like talking. Going in and out would also disrupt sleeping patterns. I think it's best to give them the privacy they need, but without a curfew or prohibitions to sharing rooms.
Cantation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamba on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:13 pm

Hotel rooms; Personal space. For most people having their own personal space to retract to is vital to their mental health. It gives people the opportunity to choose themselves who and when to interact with more so than a more open solution e.g. dorms. Some hotels also have a shared kitchen for a certain set of rooms (e.g 6 rooms share a kitchen) in addition to the main hotel dining area/restaurant.
Mamba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top